Vetophage is a biotechnology company that is able to provide innovative detection systems as well as effective solutions (phage cocktails) to fight against pathogenic bacteria, including those resistant to antibiotics. The company currently has 2 laboratories with an experienced multidisciplinary team dedicated to the study of bacteriophages. In addition to its specific know-how, Vetophage regularly enriches its phage collections in order to have the capacity to supply custom-made phage cocktails. The current collection of specific phages includes; Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus uberis, Escherichia coli, Vibrio parahaemolyticus, and Staphylococcus pseudintermedius.
VetoPhage offers the following services:
- Tools to detect the bacteria involved.
- Validation of tools to detect the bacteria involved.
- Access to its phage bank.
- On-demand phage research.
- Custom-made solutions such as the assembly of phage cocktails.
- The rapid detection kit has been developed to detect the different bacteria found in Bovine mastitis, an infection that is the primary pathology in dairy farms. The three main bacteria commonly cause bovine mastitis are; Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus uberis, and Escherichia coli. The detection kit detects in 10 minutes, can be used by the breeders themselves, and targets specific bacteria.