Telum Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing next-generation alternative treatments against multi-resistant bacteria, specializing in the use of Innovative Phage Lytic Proteins known as Innobiotics, which are lytic enzymes from bacteriophages. The company develops two types of lytic enzymes; natural lytic enzymes (NLEs) and chimeric lytic enzymes (CLEs). Its approach is one that leverages the power of nature through the understanding of biological controls exerted by bacteriophages to balance out bacterial ecosystems. Telum Therapeutics’ technology is based on the extraction of bacterial strains from unexplored soil environments and the identification of bacteriophages, lytic and lysogenic, that prevail in those exotic bacterial populations.
Lytic enzyme bacteriophage-based product pipeline:
- P001 (CLE) – target: Enterobacteriaceae (carbapenem-resistant, 3rd generation cephalosporin-resistant), Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Acinetobacter baumannii
- P002 (CLE) – target: Enterobacteriaceae, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Acinetobacter baumannii
- P003 (CLE) – target: Broad-spectrum: ESKAPE
- Gram-Negative enzybiotic – target: Neisseria gonorrhoeae and Campylobacter
- Gram-Positive enzybiotic – target: Clostridioides difficile and Streptococcus pneumoniae